Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A World I Never Made by: James LePore

Review: There is a reason this book was free on my Kindle. Boring! The author writes no emotion at all. The dialogue is just alternating lines with quotes, 99% of the time not even clarifying who is speaking.  If there are two people its just back and forth but throw in a third person and you can't follow it.  Plus just no emotional description of the conversation? Really? Am I supposed to just guess how the character feels? I let my imagination just run with it at times but for the most part it sounded like a monotone converstation in my head.  The only reason I finished it was because the dialogue was so separated that it was a short read, I wont say quicker because it was so boring it took me like a week, but it was physically shorter which made me just suck it up.   I did watch a lot of TV while trying to get through it though.

Synopsis:  A man is in Paris and find out his daughter has killed herself, however when he goes to ID the body, it is not his daughter.  Pat Nolan realizes his daughter has faked her sucide, but why?  Pat goes along with it and begins the search for his daughter.  Soon he is aided by a French policewoman who breaks away from the police who she suspects is involved.  They discover the involvement of a possible Arab terrorist but do not know the connection to his daughter.  Could his daughter be a terrorist?  No, shes not, and this synopsis sounds way more exciting than the book. Be done with it now.

Rating: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment